This delicious rice and peas recipe is made with a rice cooker; meaning you get perfect rice with minimal effort, every time!
(rinsed and washed)
all purpose seasoning powder
(drained, but not rinsed)
(preferably scotch bonnet, but use what you have)
chopped spring onion
- Start by chopping your spring onion, and properly rinsing your rice
- Add all ingredients to the rice cooker, except for the spring onion
- Set your rice cooker to cook; on a brown rice setting if you have one
- Once your rice cooker beeps for the final cook, open and stir the rice, and add your spring onions
- Return the lid and leave to cook until your rice has finished it cook cycle
- Serve and enjoy!
- The cooking time will vary depending on your rice cooker.
- Add the amount of chilli you and your family can handle.
- Don't leave this recipe on the 'keep warm' setting long after cooking, if you don't plan on eating it immediately, remove from heat and cool as soon as possible.