I have Irish blood; which means i love potatoes, and i really really love mashed potatoes.
Despite this, i actually really hate mashing mash, so went for around 2 years without making it when I first moved out of my parents home. I used to request mash whenever i was at mums for dinner.
This all changed when i found the love of my life: Kitchenaid.
If you have a stand mixer, and hate mashing potatoes, you're in luck with this recipe (and it's hands down the best mash i have EVER eaten - especially when garlic salt is added in!)
- Boiled and drained potatoes
- Knob butter
- Salt / Pepper / seasoning as required
- eel, chop and boil/steam your potatoes as you usually would when making mashed potato
- Drain and dry off - make sure they're properly dried
- Tip potatoes into your mixer and attach the flat beater
- Beat the potatoes on low for around 3 minutes, until crushed and only small lumps remain
- Add milk and butter, and mix on medium until absorbed
- Switch the flat beater for your wire wisk
- Add salt / pepper, and any seasoning you'd like (chilli flakes? Garlic salt? Whatever you fancy!)
- Whisk on high for 5 minutes, until smooth
- Eat and enjoy!