This slow cooker jerk chicken recipe is a sure crowd pleaser. Perfect for a mid-week family dinner – or a colourful dinner when guests are round.
It takes minimal prep (seriously, just put it all in the slow cooker) and packs some serious flavour. Tender, zesty jerk chicken thighs topped with a sweet & crunchy mango pepper salad – such a summer dish!
The pepper and mango salad is super easy and quick to prepare – and perfectly compliments the jerk chicken. Simply chop the ingredients whilst the chicken is cooking and top once cooked!
Because the salad is dressed in lime juice, it can be kept in the fridge all day if you prefer to prep it in the morning. I tend to just chop it up as i’m plating up though. Look at all those colours!
How to make Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Add the chicken thighs, jerk seasoning and lime juice into the slow cooker
2. Then add in the sliced chillis and spring onion
3. Then add the water
4. Mix to combine, then close the lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4
5. Whilst the jerk chicken is cooking, dice the peppers and mango, then add lime juice and salt to make the salad
6. Once cooked, serve the jerk chicken with heaps of the mango & pepper salad – and coriander, rice and black beans (optional)
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 Tbsp Jerk Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Red Chilli (Optional)
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 3 Spring Onions
For the salad
- 1 Mango (or a packet of pre-chopped mango)
- 2 Peppers (one red, one green)
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Coriander, Rice & Black Beans
- Remove any excess fat from the chicken thighs
- Finely chop the chilli and spring onion (deseed the chilli)
- Add the chicken, jerk seasoning and lime juice to the slow cooker then stir to combine
- Next add the chilli, spring onion and water
- Mix then close the lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 4
- Whilst the chicken is cooking finely dice the peppers and mango - then mix with 2 tbsp lime juice and a pinch of salt to make the salad
- Once chicken is cooked, serve with the prepared salad - and rice, black beans and coriander (optional)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 481 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 230mg Sodium: 976mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 11g Protein: 51g