Chicken tikka masala is one of the nations favourite take-away curries.
It’s mild, sweet and rich – a dish the whole family can enjoy. Here is my recipe for the perfect Actifry curry – made with lean chicken breast, tinned tomato soup and sweetened with almonds and coconut.
You can of course add as many veggies as you wish to this dish but i’ve stuck to the traditional take-away style of just meat chunks in a thick gravy sauce.
How to make Chicken Tikka Masala in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Add the sliced chicken to the Actifry
2. Add finely diced onions
3. Then add the oil
4. And garlic paste
5. Close the lid and cook for 4 minutes (paddle in)
6. Add the spices to the tin of soup
7. Stir to combine
8. Pour the soup into the chicken and onions
9. Then add the ketchup, ground almonds, creamed coconut and honey
10. Stir to combine
11. Then cook for 10 minutes – or until the chicken is cooked and sauce thick.
12. If the sauce gets too thick you can add a splash of water
13. Serve with rice and naan breads
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 175ml tin Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup
- 50g Creamed Coconut
- 2 tbsp Ground Almonds
- 1 tsp Clear Honey
- 1 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- Chop the onion and chicken
- Add the onion, chicken, oil and garlic paste to the Actifry and cook for 4 minutes
- Whilst the chicken is cooking add the spices to the soup and stir to mix
- After 4 minutes, add the soup, honey, creamed coconut, ground almonds and tomato ketchup to the chicken and onions
- Stir to combine then cook for a further 10 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through)
- If the sauce gets too thick add a splash of water
- Serve with naan and rice for a take-away curry at home!
Amount Per Serving Calories 419Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 109mgSodium 399mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 4gSugar 13gProtein 40g