This Chorizo & Pepper sauce is my new favourite go-to pasta dish. It’s super quick and easy and can be whipped up as a mid-week dinner or a weekend treat.
This sauce feels very summery to me… it’s light and fresh in consistency yet the chorizo packs a rich punch of flavour.
The sauce keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days too – you can mix with pasta and have for a packed lunch for a couple of days after! I also love this pasta dish cold on a hot sunny day!
How to make Chorizo & Pepper Sauce in the Actifry
Scroll down for ingredient list and recipe card
1. Begin by slicing the chorizo, peppers and chilli (if using) into slices. De-seed the chilli. Aim to make pepper and chilli pieces these as thin or chunky as you like
2. Add the peppers, chorizo and chilli into the Actifry and cook (with the paddle in) for 5 minutes
3. This is the point that, if you’re serving the sauce with pasta – begin cooking your pasta
4. After 5 minutes, oils will have been released from the Chorizo. Drain any excess oil (I do this by wiping the base of the pan with some sheets of paper towels (be careful – the pan is hot)
5. Then, pour in the tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, salt and sugar.
5. Cook for 10 minutes (paddle in)
6. At some point during this 10 mins your spaghetti or pasta is likely cooked – so drain and set aside ready for the sauce
7. After the 10 mins cooking time for the sauce – pour the contents of the Actifry over the cooked pasta – stir, then serve!
- 130g cooking chorizo
- 2 bell peppers
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (or 1 tsp if you like it hotter)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
To serve (optional)
- Grated cheese
- Slice the chorizo and peppers into slices
- Place in the Actifry, with the paddle in, and cook for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, drain the excess oil which has come out of the chorizo
- Then, pour in the tinned tomatoes, water, sugar, chilli flakes, salt and Italian seasoning
- Close the lid, and cook for a further 10 minutes
- Then it's ready to serve!
I begin cooking my pasta once I put the chorizo and peppers in the Actifry - this gives it enough time to cook and be drained ready for the sauce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 213Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 36mgSodium 747mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 11g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!