Cooking egg fried rice in the Actifry is the perfect way to enjoy a Chinese Takeaway classic completely guilt-free. It’s packed with veggies and uses barely any oil for a delicious side dish you’ll be making time and time again.
I’ve chosen to add chopped carrot, spring onions, carrots and peas to this egg fried rice – but you can add whatever you have in. If you don’t have veggies in, it works really well with just the egg and soy sauce too.
You need to cook the rice before adding to the Actifry – so this recipe would lend itself well to any leftover rice you have too.
How to make egg fried rice in an Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredients
1. Cook some rice as per the packet instructions
2. Crack two eggs into a bowl
3. Add the salt & pepper
5. Add oil and chopped carrots to the Actifry and cook for 3 minutes
6. Pour in the egg mixture, and add the peppers and spring onions – cook for 4 minutes
7. Then, add the COOKED rice, soy sauce and peas
8. Cook for a final 4 minutes
- COOKED rice for 2 people
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped
- Handful petit pois peas (frozen, or tinned - drained)
- 1 red or green pepper, finely chopped
- COOK rice as per the packet instructions and drain until dry (or cook microwave rice, if you prefer)
- Finely chop the carrot, spring onions and pepper
- Mix the eggs, salt and pepper together in a bowl
- Add oil and carrot to the Actifry and cook for 3 minutes
- Then add the egg mixture, peppers, spring onions and cook for a further 4 minutes
- After 4 minutes, pour in the COOKED rice, peas (if using) and soy sauce
- Cook for final 4 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 93mgCarbohydrates 34gSugar 0gProtein 7g