These Indian baby potatoes made in the Actifry are SO good. They’re super simple and make a nice change to normal baby potatoes.
I’ve kept this recipe super simple using just storecupboard spices and some lemon juice so you can whip it up during a busy week without having to go to the supermarket. You can use this spiced oil recipe to flavour wedges too!
I love cooking baby potatoes in the Actifry rather than boiling or steaming them. Their outer becomes nicely crisp with a soft, fluffy inside. It’s also much easier with less washing up – win, win!
Serve these Indian baby potatoes alongside most dishes – they’re great with chicken, steak, or even serve with a simple dinner like fish fingers and beans – to mix things up a bit!
I do have a few recipes for different flavoured potatoes cooked in the Actifry which you can find here, and if you’d like to know when I next post an Actifry recipe check out my Actifry Facebook Group.
How to make Indian Baby Potatoes in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Chop the baby potatoes in half, lengthways. If any are particularly large just chop those few to suit the size of the rest.
2. In a bowl combine the spices and oil
3. Mix to combine – this is the marinate
4. Add the chopped potatoes into the spiced oil and stir to fully coat each potato
5. Pour the potatoes and their marinate into the Acitfry and cook for 25 minutes – with the paddle in
6. Once the potatoes are cooked, drizzle in the lemon juice and garam masala and stir/shake to flavour the potatoes before serving
- 500g Baby Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Powder (Add up to 1 tsp if you like your food spicier - or, don't add any chilli at all if you want milder potatoes)
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Power
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash the baby potatoes then cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, turmeric, chilli, coriander, cumin and salt
- Place the spiced oil and potatoes into the Actifry (paddle in) and then cook for 25 minutes
- Once cooked, drizzle in the lemon juice and stir through the garam masala
- Serve! Garnished with fresh coriander (optional)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 0mgSodium 16mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 3g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!