Fries loaded with bacon, onion, chilli and cheese are the perfect option if you’re craving a treat.
Whilst we all probably purchased the Actifry to do healthy recipes – there are times where indulgence is in order – and to be completely honest, they’re not half as bad as if you ordered loaded fries from a restaurant, takeaway, or even made them in the oven! AND THEY TASTE SO MUCH BETTER.
Because you’re using fresh potatoes, chillis and onion – these don’t feel super heavy. The cheese melts amazingly in the Actifry and the whole thing is ready in no time!
This is the perfect side dish if you have friends round or are having a nice movie night with the family.
How to make loaded fries in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe and ingredient list
1. Peel the potatoes
2. Add to the Actifry (paddle in) with 1 tbsp of oil – cook for 20 minutes
3. Whilst the fries are cooking, slice the onion, bacon and chilli
4. And slice the cheese
5. After 20 minutes, add the bacon, onion and chilli to the fries – cook for a further 10 minutes (or 15 minutes if you’d like it all crunchier)
6. Once it’s cooked to your liking ,add the slices of cheese on top
7. Close the lid and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted
8. Scoop out with a spatula and serve immediately
- 3 Maris Piper Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Chilli
- 4 Smoked Bacon Rashers
- 1 Onion
- Cheddar Cheese
- Peel and chop the potatoes into equal sized fries
- Place the fries in the Actifry with 1 tbsp oil and cook (paddle in) for 20 minutes
- Whilst the fries are cooking, slice and deseed the chilli
- Chop the onion into small slices
- Chop the bacon into small strips
- Slice the cheese into thin strips (or grate)
- After 20 minutes, add the bacon, onion and chilli to the Actifry, then close the lid and cook for a further 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, the fries should be cooked (if you like them more well done - cook them a little longer)
- Place the sliced cheese on top of the fries then close the lid and cook for 1-2 minutes (until the cheese is melted )
- Serve immediately, whilst still hot
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.