This ‘Actifry Mexican Sausage Dinner’ is the type of meal I cook often when I don’t really fancy cooking. It’s more of a meal inspiration than recipe itself, as it doesn’t take any cooking/measuring really! It’s a simple, mid-week dinner which the whole family can enjoy!
The meal consists of Heck chicken sausages (I use either the paprika ones, or the Italia – I love both!), with diced baby potatoes, onions, peppers and sweetcorns. All coated in a Mexican seasoning of your choice! I tend to use a shop-bought mix when I make this dinner (Morrisons BBQ Fajita) but do sometimes make my own mixture if I have no packets in the house.
Top the dish with spicy mexican cheese and guacamole or avocado for a lean, healthy dinner which is so delicious!
I chose to chop the potatoes small enough that they cook in 15 minutes (the time of the sausages). It’s important not to overcook the heck sausages, as their fat content is super low they can dry out easily. They’re super tasty sausages though and only 95 kcal for two – making them so guilt-free! If you wish to have your potatoes cooked for longer – or you want them bigger – just pop them in 5-10 minutes before the sausages.
How to cook Mexican Sausage Dinner in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Slice the onions and peppers
2. Mix together the Mexican seasoning packet (I used Morrisons BBQ Fajita Mix) with oil – stir
3. Place the diced potatoes, sausages and onions in the Actifry
4. Pour in the seasoned oil
5. Cook for 15 minutes
6. Then add in the sweetcorn and peppers, cook for a further 3 minutes
7. Then serve! I love to top this dish with cheese and avocado (or guacamole!)
Actifry Mexican Sausage Dinner
A delicious, easy Actifry dinner perfect for a mid-week treat! Paprika sausages with onions, peppers, sweetcorn and potatoes!
- 1 onion
- 2-3 peppers
- 1 Pack Heck Paprika Sausages (or the Italia ones, if you prefer)
- 500g Baby Potatoes
- 1 Pack Fajita Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sweetcorn
To serve (optional)
- Cheese (I love the Mexican spicy one)
- Guacamole or Avocado
- Finely slice the onion and peppers
- Dice the potatoes until small
- Mix the fajita seasoning with oil in a small glass/bowl
- To the Actifry, add the potatoes, onions, sausages and spiced oil mixture
- Cook for 15 minutes (paddle in)
- Then add in the sweetcorn and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes
- Serve! With cheese and guacamole (optional)
It's important not to overcook the Heck sausages, else they'll dry out. If you want your potatoes very crispy add them in (with a small dash of oil) 5 minutes before starting step 4.
You can use either tinned or frozen sweetcorn.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 421Saturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 1gCarbohydrates 39gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 32g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!
Morning can you do this meal in a Airfryer instead of actifry?
Hi Julie, I’ve never used an Airfryer other than the Actifry – but from what I can see.. I think it’d turn out well in there 🙂