This peri-peri chicken is a low fat, lean flavoured chicken recipe inspired by Portuguese flavours. The recipe makes a chicken which is coated in peri-peri seasoning (rather than a saucy dish) which is perfect for in wraps or salads.
The marinate is made from peppers, garlic and seasoning and there’s no oil needed to cook this chicken (cause the sauce gives enough ‘coating’ for the chicken not to dry out as it begins to cook – before it becomes a seasoning – if that makes sense?!).
You could also serve this chicken with lashings of peri-peri sauce (I love the supermarket Nandos range) and chips! Infact… you could half some baby potatoes and put them in the Actifry to cook at the same time as the chicken for peri-peri chicken and potatoes.
How to make peri peri chicken in the Actifry
1. Roughly chop the pepper and peel the garlic
2. Transfer to your blender or food processor
3. Blitz until smooth
4. Add the marinate to chicken slices, toss to coat then allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes
5. Add the chicken and marinate to the Actifry (no oil) and the paddle in
6. Cook for 15 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through) then serve!
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Handful Coriander (about 10 leaves)
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch Salt
- Slice the pepper and remove all seeds
- Slice the chicken breast into strips
- To a food processor or blender, add all the marinade ingredients and blend until smooth or chunky (whichever is your preference
- To the Actifry add the chicken and the marinate
- Cook for 15 minutes, with the paddle in, or until the chicken is cooked through
- Then serve! This is great with salad or chips!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 309 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 102mg Sodium 171mg Carbohydrates 22g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 13g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 42g