KFC popcorn chicken recipe is made easy in the Actifry.
The batter is simple and made with ingredients most households have in the cupboards already. To get the KFC batter texture a seasoned flour mixture is used – the KFC secret spice mix is of course a secret – but this is pretty close!
The Actifry is perfect for recipes like this – minimal oil is used but the result is so crispy and delicious.
These popcorn chicken pieces are amazing dipped into your favourite sauce or served with fresh salad and chips for a guilt-free snack. Even the kids will love these!
How to make KFC Popcorn chicken in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Cut the chicken breast into small popcorn sized pieces
2. In a bowl add all the seasoned flour ingredients
3. And mix to combine
4. Then add 1 tbsp of this flour mixture to the chicken bowl
5. Stir to coat the chicken evenly
6. Then add the egg and again, stir to coat the chicken
7. Next, transfer the chicken pieces into the bowl of seasoned flour – take care not to get much excess egg into the flour
8. Pour 1 tbsp oil into the Actifry pan and shake the pan to coat the bottom
9. Then add the battered chicken pieces and cook – if you have a Genius model use mode 2 for battered snack. If you have any other model cook for 8 minutes without the paddle, then add the paddle and cook for a further 5 minutes
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Batter (Seasoned flour) mixture:
- 3 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Onion Granules
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Basil
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- Chop the chicken into small popcorn sized pieces, then place into a bowl
- Mix together the batter ingredients in another bowl
- To the bowl of chicken add 1 tbsp seasoned flour mixture
- Stir to coat the chicken
- Then crack the egg into the chicken bowl and mix to coat the chicken pieces
- Next, transfer the eggy chicken pieces into the bowl of seasoned flour (use a fork to bring over a minimal amount of egg from the bowl
- Toss to fully coat the chicken in the flour mixture
- Next, place tbsp vegetable oil in the Actifry (swirl it round so the base is evenly coated)
- Place the battered chicken into the Actifry and cook for 13 minutes - I have a Genius model so I used the 'battered snack' mode - if you have a normal Actifry cook without the paddle for the first 8 minutes, then add the paddle for the final 5 - this will stop the batter coming off when cooking
- Once cooked serve with your favourite sides and dip
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 305 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 195mg Carbohydrates 12g Protein 42g