Tandoori chicken is one of my favourite meals. It’s mildly spiced and pairs so well with a crisp salad, rice or naans. This version is marinated in spices, lemon juice and yoghurt then cooked in the Actifry.
The Actifry is amazing for dishes like this – it makes the chicken juicy and tender throughout with a slightly charred outer – which is much harder to achieve in the oven!
This is my favourite type of meal when I fancy a crunchy salad with chicken – the hot, tender chicken thigh is amazing for dinner, or packed lunches the next day. I’ll often serve it with a garlic chilli naan bread too and wrap it up.
I asked my Actifry Facebook Group if they’d rather see this recipe with bone-in chicken or boneless, the unanimous vote was boneless – so we’re using chicken thigh fillets for this recipe. They’re juicy and tender and work so well with the Tandoori marinade.
If you prefer breast, or bone-in chicken this marinate works amazingly for that too – just adjust the cooking times as per1
The marinate does get a bit sticky in the Actifry so I recommend you pop the pan in the sink to soak whilst you eat – to make the washing up a bit easier!
How to make Tandoori Chicken in. the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. In a large bowl (one big enough to fit the chicken) add the garlic paste, ginger paste and yoghurt
2. Add in the dried spices
3. And stir to make a smooth marinate
4. Add in the trimmed chicken thighs and mix to evenly coat each piece in the marinate. Put the marinated chicken in the fridge (covered with a lid) for a minimum of 30 minutes – you can prep this as far in advance as the night before though too!
5. Once the chicken has marinated for at least 30 minutes, transfer it to the Actifry and drizzle with oil (keep the paddle in)
6. Cook for 22 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through) before serving!
- 600g Chicken Thighs fillets (boneless)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Oil
To serve (Optional)
- Salad, rice or naan
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thigh fillets
- Place all marinade ingredients in a bowl (not the oil) and mix to make a smooth paste
- Place the chicken pieces in the marinade and stir to coat each piece evenly
- Cover the chicken and place in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes
- Once marinated, put int he Actifry (paddle in) and drizzle with oil
- Cook for 22 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through)
- Then serve - drizzle the top of the chicken with any juices in the Actifry pan! I love this with salad and rice
The marinade gets sticky in the Actifry once cooked so I recommend you soaking the pan as you eat for quicker washing up!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 395Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 193mgSodium 692mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 36g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!