Beef & Broccoli is a classic Chinese takeaway dish which is easy to cook at home.
It is made with simple ingredients you’ll likely have in the kitchen and makes for a delicious and nutritious dinner which is also perfect for packed lunches the following day!
What does Beef & Broccoli Taste Like?
The soy, oyster sauce and garlic of the sauce makes a deep, rich flavor which is perfectly contrast by the light and crunchy broccoli. It isn’t a spicy dish, it is nicely balanced and Chinese inspired in flavour.
You need to use a quick frying type of beef for this recipe – sirloin, rump or tenderloin.
- 400g Lean Steak for frying (sirloin, rump or tenderloin)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 20g Ginger (Grated)
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce (Plus 4 Tbsp for cooking)
- 4 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 Tbsp Oil (Sesame, Groundnut or Vegetable)
- 1 Broccoli
- 2 Tsp Cornflour
- 100ml Beef Stock
- Cut the steak into even, thin strips and mix together in a bowl with all the marinade ingredients. Cover and put in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Chop the broccoli into even, small pieces.
- Mix together the beef stock with cornflour and set aside.
- Once the steak has marinated, remove it from the fridge.
- Add oil to a wok and turn to high heat, fry the broccoli for 1 minute.
- Pour the steak (with its marinate) into the wok and stir fry for 1 minute, then add the stock and remaining 4 tbsp soy sauce.
- Mix and cook for a further few minutes until the sauce is thick and coating the broccoli and steak - remove from the heat and serve.
Nutritional values calculated using VeryWellFit for 3 servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 17.5gSaturated Fat 4.3gCholesterol 77mgCarbohydrates 11.1gFiber 2gSugar 1.1gProtein 44g