Here’s a lovely, lean and healthy turkey recipe – the Caribbean spiced and quickly pan-fried for an easy, guilt-free dinner.
I serve this Caribbean turkey dish with rice (which is hidden under the steaks in the photo) and salad. The salad I’ve served with today is watercress and a pre-packed salad from M&S. Super easy! I’ve also eaten it with chips in the past and really enjoyed that too!
Turkey is really underrated meat which I feel most people ignore for 11 out of 12 months in the year! Not only are turkey breast steaks really quick and easy to cook – they’re also high in protein and very lean. So friendly for most diets!
Similar to chicken, they just need a bit of imagination in how to flavour them – like this Caribbean recipe! Turkey is often much much cheaper than chicken to buy too which is always a bonus!
How to make Caribbean Turkey Steaks
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. To a dish add the sliced onions and crushed garlic cloves
2. Add the marinate ingredients
3. Then add in the turkey steaks and stir, place in the fridge, covered for a minimum of 30 minutes – but best to do so a couple of hours ahead or even overnight
4. Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan
5. Then pour the turkey, onions and marinate in
6. Cook for 3 minutes one side, then flip and cook a further 3 on the other side (until browned). Once browned on each side, turn the heat down slightly and cook until the meat is white throughout and cooked.
7. Serve on a bed of rice with salad, or with chips!
- 4 Turkey Steaks
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Caribbean Curry Powder*
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Finely slice the onion and crush and mince the garlic
- Place into a dish and add in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, curry powder and thyme
- Place the turkey steaks into the marinate and turn to coat
- Cover dish with lid or clingfilm and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 mins or more (best overnight)
- Once marinated, remove the turkey from the fridge
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan to high heat
- Use tongues to place the turkey and onions in the hot pan
- Cook for 3 mins on one side, then flip and cook for 3 mins on the other (until browned)
- Pour in the remaining marinate sauce and turn the heat down to medium
- Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through
- Serve with salad, rice or chips
If you don't have Caribbean curry powder, use a curry powder of your choice (mild or medium spiced)
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 85mgSodium 132mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 32g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!