Here’s a lovely, lean and healthy turkey recipe – the Caribbean spiced and quickly pan-fried for an easy, guilt-free dinner.
I serve this Caribbean turkey dish with rice (which is hidden under the steaks in the photo) and salad. The salad I’ve served with today is watercress and a pre-packed salad from M&S. Super easy! I’ve also eaten it with chips in the past and really enjoyed that too!
Turkey is really underrated meat which I feel most people ignore for 11 out of 12 months in the year! Not only are turkey breast steaks really quick and easy to cook – they’re also high in protein and very lean. So friendly for most diets!
Similar to chicken, they just need a bit of imagination in how to flavour them – like this Caribbean recipe! Turkey is often much much cheaper than chicken to buy too which is always a bonus!
How to make Caribbean Turkey Steaks
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. To a dish add the sliced onions and crushed garlic cloves
2. Add the marinate ingredients
3. Then add in the turkey steaks and stir, place in the fridge, covered for a minimum of 30 minutes – but best to do so a couple of hours ahead or even overnight
4. Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan
5. Then pour the turkey, onions and marinate in
6. Cook for 3 minutes one side, then flip and cook a further 3 on the other side (until browned). Once browned on each side, turn the heat down slightly and cook until the meat is white throughout and cooked.
7. Serve on a bed of rice with salad, or with chips!
- 4 Turkey Steaks
- 1 Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Ketchup
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Caribbean Curry Powder*
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Finely slice the onion and crush and mince the garlic
- Place into a dish and add in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, curry powder and thyme
- Place the turkey steaks into the marinate and turn to coat
- Cover dish with lid or clingfilm and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 mins or more (best overnight)
- Once marinated, remove the turkey from the fridge
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan to high heat
- Use tongues to place the turkey and onions in the hot pan
- Cook for 3 mins on one side, then flip and cook for 3 mins on the other (until browned)
- Pour in the remaining marinate sauce and turn the heat down to medium
- Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through
- Serve with salad, rice or chips
If you don't have Caribbean curry powder, use a curry powder of your choice (mild or medium spiced)
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 85mgSodium 132mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 32g