Here’s how I make chicken fajitas with chips in my Ninja Dual Air Fryer. It’s about as simple as it gets for a delicious, family-friendly meal – it’s one I make most weeks either as a nice lunch on the weekend or for an easy dinner in the week.
You can either make your own fajita seasoning or use a pre-mixed packet to whichever flavour you like. We tend to go for the Old El Paso Smoky BBQ Fajita Seasoning Mix if we’re using a shop-bought one. You can then choose whichever wraps you’d like, or serve the fajita meat and vegs with just chips, if you prefer!
Also, the chicken pepper and onion mixture is lovely as a side to chips or as part of a salad too if you don’t have wraps in but fancy it!
How to make chicken fajitas with chips in the Ninja Dual Air Fryer
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Begin by cutting your potatoes into chips (I tend to keep the skin on), one medium potato per person – and spray or lightly brush with a little bit of oil – place into basket 1 with the crisper tray in
2. Then, prepare the fajita fillings – by cutting the chicken breast, 1 onion (red or white) and 2 peppers into bite-sized strips
3. Then, place the fajita filling (chicken & veg) into drawer 2 (with crisper tray in) – with the contents of your fajita mix and enough oil to lightly coat everything – give it a good stir so it’s all covered
4. To cook use the ‘sync’ mode – I do my chips for 20 minutes on air fry – and the fajita mixture for 14 minutes – using sync will mean that both baskets are ready at the same time. If you usually cook your chips for a different length of time or are using frozen – adjust accordingly.
5. Whilst the filling and chips are cooking – prepare your fillings and wraps ready – I usually have grated cheese, salsa, soured cream, lime and avocados with my wraps
6. Then, once you’re fajita filling and chips are cooked – serve and enjoy!
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 or 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp oil
To serve (Optional)
- 4 tortilla wraps (2 each)
- Grated cheese
- Guacamole or avocado
- Sour cream
- Begin by preparing your chips - cut the potatoes into chips - you can either peel or leave the skin on, then place these into basket 1 with a little oil drizzled over
- Then, prepare the fajita mix by cutting the chicken breast, onion and peppers into bite-sized strips
- Coat the chicken, peppers and onion in a little oil and the fajita mixture then place into basket 2
- Use the sync mode to air fry basket 1 for 20 minutes and air fry basket 2 for 14 minutes
- Whilst the fajitas are cooking - prepare your wraps and fillings
- Once the cooking has finished - check everything is cooked through - then serve and enjoy!
If you usually cook your chips for a different length or are using frozen, please adjust the sync settings accordingly
Amount Per Serving Calories 432Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 102mgSodium 110mgCarbohydrates 49gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 43g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!