Chipotle chicken breast on a bed of onions and peppers – all made so simple (and guilt-free) with this tray bake recipe.
I recently discovered M&S’s sell a chipotle paste – I’m obsessed and so inspired to cook everything smothered in it. Chipotle is a smoked chilli pepper – often used in Mexican food. Whilst it’s super popular in America I don’t feel like the UK have embraced it quite yet.
Here’s one of my most recent go-to mid-week recipes for chipotle chicken tray bake.
Not only is this recipe super delicious – it’s also easy and healthy – a real crowd pleaser ideal for a mid-week family dinner or to feed guests on a summers evening.
I tend to cook more chicken than needed when I make this – so we have enough for dinner then lunch the following day. Serve this chipotle chicken with salad, chips, rice – or even in a wrap with cool mayo.
Follow the steps below to make the perfect Chipotle chicken tray bake. I often make Indian and Chinese inspired tray bakes – if you’d like to see these please let me know in the comments below or connect me on Facebook.
How to make Chipotle Chicken Traybake
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. To a bowl add the garlic paste, chipotle paste, cumin, oregano and a dash of oil
2. Stir to form mariante
3. Add chicken breasts into the marinate – stir to coat
4. Then add chopped peppers and onions to the base of a baking tray or oven dish
5. Top the vegetables with the marinated chicken
6. Then cook in the oven, uncovered, on 190C for 30 minutes – or until the chicken is white and cooked throughout
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Chipotle Paste (I get mine from M&S - but believe Sainsburys and Tesco also sell it)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Mix together the marinate ingredients
- Then add the chicken breasts into the marinate and stir to coat
- Next, chop the peppers and onion into bite-size pieces
- Lay the peppers and onions on the base of a baking tray or casserole dish
- Then place the marinated chicken on top of the vegetables - with any excess marinate
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes on 190C - or until the chicken is white inside and cooked throughout
- Serve with chips, salad or rice. Or in a wrap or pitta for the perfect mid-week dinner.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 281Total Fat 9gCholesterol 102mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 38g