- 1 tbsp Butter
- 4 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 2 Tins Plum Tomatoes
- 300ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 300ml Pot Soured Cream
- Basil Leaves (Optional)
- Heat the butter in a large, non-stick pan and add the crushed garlic cloves - cooking on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining 'soup' ingredients (NOT the basil or soured cream), stir and bring to a low simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until the soup is completely smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, allow the soup to cool and transfer to a traditional blender to smooth.
- Add half the pot of soured cream and stir through the tomato soup.
- Serve topped with some more soured cream and a few basil leaves (optional)