Here’s another simple meal idea for the Ninja Dual Air Fryer (or, you could easily make this in the oven, or another air fryer model too). Lean chicken breast with a coating of Mexican chipotle paste, air-fried sweet potatoes and a fresh Mexican-inspired salad. It makes for a great dinner or lunch, and can be packed into a wrap too!
I tend to use frozen sweet potato chunks (like these), as it’s easier to prep and they cook straight from frozen too. I get my chipotle paste in the spice section of most supermarkets. The one I’m using today is this one from M&S.
How to make Mexican chicken with Sweet potatoes in the Ninja Dual Air Fryer
Scroll down for full ingredient list and recipe card
1. Begin by trimming any excess fat from your chicken breast, then coating it in a tsp of Chipotle paste (if you can’t find chipotle, you could use any other type of Mexican seasoning too – e.g. a fajita mix with a little bit of oil)
2. Then, place it in the air fryer, spray with a little bit of oil. In the other basket, add in the sweet potato chunks and spray with a little oil.
3. Cook on air-fry mode for 12 minutes, this is enough for both my chicken and sweet potato to be cooked properly, however depending on the size of your chicken breasts, and if you’re using fresh or frozen sweet potato this may differ so I suggest keeping an eye on it and adjusting as needed the first time you make this.
4. Whilst that’s cooking – make your Mexican-inspired salad – by cutting and combining: tomatoes, peppers, red onion, lime and avocado – and mixing in some jarred jalapeno slices (optional), drained sweetcorn, and coriander. Drizzle over some lime juice and stir well.
5. Once the chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked, assemble the dish and enjoy! It’s nice with mayo or sour cream too!
- Cooking oil of your choice
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp chipotle paste (or other Mexican seasoning you have, e.g. fajita spice)
- 1/2 sweet potato (either frozen, or peel and cut a sweet potato into small bitesized chunks)
For the salad - a mixture of:
- 1/2 Bell pepper
- 1 Tomatoes
- 100g Sweetcorn
- 1g Coriander
- 1g Red Onion
- 1/2 Lime
- 1/4 Avocado (or guacamole)
- 1 Drained jarred jalapeño slices (optional)
- Soured cream or chive dip (optional)
- Begin by mixing together your chicken breast with the chipotle seasoning
- Then, in one tray of the air fryer add in the chicken with a light brush or spray of oil
- And in the other tray add in the sweet potato chunks and a little oil
- Cook on air-fry mode for 12 minutes, this is enough for both my chicken and sweet potato to be cooked properly, however depending on the size of your chicken breasts, and if you’re using fresh or frozen sweet potato this may differ so I suggest keeping an eye on it and adjusting as needed the first time you make this
- Whilst this is cooking, combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl, using the juice of the lime as a dressing
- Then, once the chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked - remove from the air fryer and slice the chicken into bite-sized strips
- And finally - combine the salad, chicken and sweet potato to make a deliciously easy meal - drizzle on the soured cream and chive dip if you're using it - then serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 503Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 102mgSodium 492mgCarbohydrates 51gFiber 11gSugar 14gProtein 45g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!