This is one of my favourite dinners at the moment. A simple chicken and cheese loaded bowl of chips made in the Ninja Dual Air Fryer – which is flavoured with the Nandos supermarket range of rubs and sauces. Delicious!
This is the rub I used, and I used lemon and herb sauce. Even though the rub is medium, there was a kick to the end dish so bare that in mind if you’re not a fan of spice. I think it was the perfect combination!
This has been inspired by the recent launch of Nandos loaded chips in their restaurants, however, these are honestly better – I really enjoyed this meal.
How to make Nandos-inspired loaded chips in the Air Fryer
Scroll down for the full recipe card and ingredient list. The air fryer I have is the Ninja Dual.
1. Begin by cutting a potato into chip shapes (no need to peel, unless you want to). And roughly cutting a pepper, onion and trimming excess fat from the chicken thighs. Don’t cut the chips too chunky as you want them to cook at the same time as the chicken thighs
2. Then transfer everything into the air fryer, add in 1/2 a packet of the Nandos rub and some oil – shake to coat everything evenly
3. Then cook for 15-17 mins (if after this time your chips aren’t cooked but your chicken is – remove the chicken and cook the chips a little longer.
4. Once cooked to your preference, top with some grated cheese
5. Then, top with some Nandos sauce or Perinaise (or normal mayo would work nicely, too) and some crunchy spring onions – and enjoy!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1 Potato
- Nandos Peri-peri rub (I used medium spiced)
- Cooking oil / spray
- Handful of grated cheddar cheese
- To Serve (Optional):
- 1/2 Spring Onion
- Nando's Supermarket sauce (I used lemon & herb, but perinaise would work great too)
- Begin by trimming any excess fat from the thigh fillets
- Roughly chop the pepper, red onion into bite-sized pieces
- Cut the potato into chips (Don't make them too chunky as you want them to cook quite quickly
- Put this all into the air fryer and add in enough of the peri peri rub to coat everything and spray on some cooking oil
- Cook on air fry mode (200C) for 15-17 minutes, until the chips and chicken are cooked*
- Then sprinkle on some grated cheese and cook for a further 1 minute until melted
- Then put in a bowl or plate, and drizzle over the supermarket nandos sauce and a sprinkling of chopped spring onions
If the chips aren't yet cooked, remove the chicken and allow the chips to cook a little longer
Amount Per Serving Calories 633Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 276mgSodium 994mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 8gSugar 13gProtein 62g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!