These salted caramel chocolate pots are an absolute dinner party game changer! They’re delicious, rich and luxurious – but only take 10 minutes to prep and include just 3 ingredients.
The pots contain a layer of smooth, salted caramel topped with a rich, dark chocolate ganache. The texture is smooth and creamy and seriously way better than anything store-bought. This recipe makes 6 servings and the ingredients cost me just £4.10 (just 68p per serving).
You can easily double up this recipe if you’re serving a crowd or entertaining guests over a few days. The pots last in the fridge for about 3 days (or the length of expiration on the cream).
The caramel used is Nestle Carnation Caramel – you’ll usually find it in the section tucked away in the back of the supermarket, which sells jelly and condensed milk. It’s deliciously thick and sweet! If you don’t want ‘salted’ caramel, just skip adding the pinch of salt to each of the ramekins.
How To Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Pots at home
Scroll down for printable recipe card and ingredient list
1. Add the cream to a saucepan and heat gently. Do not boil – once you begin to see small bubbles form turn the heat off. (you just need the cream to be warm enough to melt the chocolate)
2. Add in the broken pieces of Bournville chocolate
3. Stir until smooth and melted. It might take a couple of minutes to become completely smooth – remember to scrape the bottom of the pan with your spoon too. If the chocolate isn’t melting gently heat the cream a little more.
4. To the ramekins add a tbsp of caramel and smooth using the back of your spoon
5. Add a pinch of salt to each – optional
6. Then pour the chocolate mixture on top
7. Make sure they’re all evenly measured out
8. Cover, and place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours before serving
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pots
One of the simplest desserts you can make - this salted caramel chocolate pot is delicious! With a thick layer of chocolate ganache over a smooth bed of salted caramel, make this dessert with just 10 minutes prep!
- 300ml Double Cream
- 1x 180g Cadbury Bournville Dark Chocolate Bar*
- 397g Nestle Carnation Caramel
- Pinch Salt
- Break the Bournville bar into peices
- Pour the double cream into a saucepan and heat gently (do not boil) until it begins to form small bubbles around the edges - then turn the heat off. You want the cream warm enough to melt chocolate, but not boiling or simmering.
- Put the pieces of broken chocolate into the warm cream and stir until melted - be patient and stir continually*. Keep the heat off, then set aside.
- Open the tin of caramel, and place a generous tablespoon of caramel into each of your ramekins
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt ontop of the caramel (if using)
- Then pour a portion of the melted cream/chocolate on top of each of ramekins - check to see they're all even
- Then place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours (it should be set when you shake the ramekin).
- Serve and enjoy!
If you can't get Bournville - get any dark chocolate you fancy.
If the chocolate isn't melted after a couple of minutes turn the heat on gently and stir until it is melted.
You can prep this dessert ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 408Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCarbohydrates 57gFiber 2gSugar 54gProtein 4g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!