This BBQ chicken thighs is a is a ‘dump and go’ slow cooker recipe; meaning it really takes no more effort than adding the 2 ingredients of chicken thighs, and BBQ sauce – and then turning on the slow cooker!
It’s a lovely easy dinner which makes great leftovers too. I serve this in a variety of ways – either:
– On a toasted burger bun, as photoed here
– With chips and a Mexican inspired salad
– With rice
– In a wrap or folded flatbread
It’s important to find a BBQ sauce you like for this recipe – my go-to is the M&S house BBQ sauce:
How to make slow cooker BBQ chicken thighs
Scroll down for the full recipe card and ingredient list
1. Begin by trimming your chicken thigh fillets and placing in the slow cooker
2. Then pour on BBQ sauce to cover them (the amount will depend on the size of your slow cooker but mine is usually about 1/2 a bottle
3. Then cook! Either on high for 3 hours or low for 4-5 hours
4. Once cooked, use a fork to gently pull the meat apart into bite-sized pieces like this:
5. Then serve and enjoy!
- 500g Boneless & Skinless thigh fillets
- 150g BBQ sauce
- Begin by trimming the thighs of any excess fat
- Then, add the thighs and the BBQ sauce into the slow cooker and stir until the chicken is coated in the BBQ sauce. Add enough sauce to cover the thighs
- Then cook on low for 4-5 hours or low for 3
- Once cooked, use a fork to shred into bite-sized pieces then serve and enjoy!
If you're eating this on a burger bun I recommend toasting the bun first and adding some lettuce so it's not too soft with all the sauce.
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 160mgSodium 603mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 30g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!