When I think of my slow cooker, noodles aren’t the first thing which comes to mind. Usually, I think of stews and casseroles – but the slow cooker is SO much more versatile than that – see my collection of slow cooker recipes for instance!
This is a really easy dish which takes more or less zero prep – you just need to add all the ingredients and turn it on!
When serving this dish I top it with lots of raw, crunchy veggies to add some texture and interest. The chicken thighs are slow cooked to become super tender, and noodles are naturally soft so I think the crunchy toppings are essential! I recommend thicker noodles for this recipe.
The flavour of the dish is fragrant and mildly spicy – with heaps of ginger, garlic and sweet chilli sauce – yum!
How to make slow cooker chicken noodles
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Trim any excess fat from the boneless chicken thighs
2. Add all ingredients to the slow cooker (it really is as easy as this!)
3. Then cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5. Once the chicken is cooked, take two forks and shred it into strips.
4. Next, add some ‘straight to wok’ noodles to the slow cooker and stir/break the noodles up with a fork. The heat from the chicken should be enough to heat the noodles through completely.
5. Once all the noodles are broken up and heated through, top the dish with your favourite crunchy veggies! I choose spring onions, chillis and peanuts.
- 8 Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Packs 'Straight-to-wok' Noodles (if not available - see notes)
- Spring Onions
- Peanuts, chillis (optional)
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine(excluding noodles and spring onions) and set the slow cooker to high for 3 hours or low for 5
- Once cooked, take two forks and shred the chicken into strips
- Add the 'straight to wok' noodles and stir to combine
- Serve topped with freshly chopped spring onions, chillis and peanuts (or your favourite 'crunchy' ingredients!)
If you don't have 'straight to wok' noodles then either use fresh or if using dried, cook as per packet ingredients then follow the above steps.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 579Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 25gCholesterol 333mgSodium 897mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 62g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!