This recipe is super quick to prepare and serve, meaning you can prep it before you head out for work and come home to a really easy, delicious dinner. I tend to serve this hoisin pulled pork on these folded flatbreads from Morrisons, with finely sliced cucumber and spring onions.
Pork shoulder is of course a much cheaper cut of meat than duck, so this recipe can feed a family on the cheap, giving you lots of food and enough for a delicious work lunch too.
This hoisin pulled pork would make a great dish at a Chinese themed dinner party, served in the folded bread breads, with pancakes, rice or chips.
How to make Slow Cooker Hoisin Pulled Pork at Home
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Roughly chop an onion and place into the bottom of your slow cooker
2. Crumble in a stock cube
3. Add water and soy sauce
4. Place the pork on top and close the lid – cook on high for 6 hour or low for 8
5. After the pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and discard of the liquid, fat and onions. Use two forks to pull the meat into shreds
6. Add the hoisin sauce
7. Mix to coat the pork – if you need or want to add more hoisin, please do
8. Serve with chopped cucumber, spring onion and wraps, flatbreads or pancakes
- 2kg Pork Shoulder (or chose a size which suits the amount of people you're cooking for)
- Soy Sauce
- Chicken Stock Cube (Optional)
- 1/2 Mug Water
- 1/2 mug Hoisin Sauce
- Folded flatbreads, wraps or pancakes
- Shredded Cucumber
- Shredded Spring Onion
- Roughly chop the onion and place into the bottom of the slow cooker, with the soy sauce, chicken stock cube and water
- Place the pork shoulder on top, close the lid and cook for 6 hours on high, or 8 hours on low
- Once the pork is cooked, remove all the fat, drain away liquid, and shred the meat using two forks
- Add the hoisin sauce to the shredded meat, then serve on flatbreads, pancakes or wraps with spring onion and cucumber
- Feel free to add any more hoisin sauce you like
- Folded Flatbreads at Morrisons
- Lee Kum Kee Sweet Hoi Sin Sauce 567 g (Pack of 3)
- Andrew James Slow Cooker Sizzle to Simmer | Sear and Stew 3.5L Digital Slow Cooker | Digital Display & Timer | Tempered Glass Lid & Removable Bowl | Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.