This slow cooker Satay Steak is my favourite kind of slow cooker recipe.
It takes minimal prep and results in a delicious dinner the whole family can enjoy. Tender steak in a thick, mid, rich peanut & coconut sauce – yum!
Serve this slow cooker steak with white rice, spring onions, lime, peanuts and coriander. I love the sweet chilli peanuts from Morrisons (i’m sure other supermarkets do similar too).
This is one of those meals which feels like a complete treat dinner. It’s the perfect ‘fake-away’ style dinner with so little effort.
How to make Slow Cooker Satay Steak
Scroll down for ingredient card and recipe list
1. Slice the steak into bitesize pieces and finely chop the onion and garlic (I use my food processor for the onion to save time)
2. Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan (or your Slow Cooker pan if you have a sizzle to simmer model) to med/high heat
3. Add the steak, onions and garlic
4. Cook until browned (about 5 minutes)
5. Then add 2x heaped tbsp of peanut butter
6. And the coconut milk and sweet chilli sauce
7. Stir, then transfer to the slow cooker and put the lid on. Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours.
8. Then stir and serve with rice and spring onion
- 500g Braising Steak
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
- 400ml 1 Tin Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce (Optional)
- Chop the braising steak into bite-sized peices
- Finely dice the onion and garlic
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan to medium/high heat
- Add the onion, garlic and steak
- Cook until browned (about 5 minutes)
- Then add the peanut butter, coconut milk and sweet chilli sauce - stir
- Transfer all to the slow cooker, put the lid on and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 4
- Serve on a bed of rice with spring onions for garnish
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per ServingCalories 462 Trans Fat 0g Carbohydrates 10g Fiber 1g Sugar 5g Protein 36g