This Thai Green Curry made in the slow cooker is one of my favourite slow cooker recipes.
The dish takes barely any time to prep (under 5 minutes) making it perfect to prepare before work and come home to! I serve this Thai curry topped with coriander, spring onions and peanuts – on a bed of wholegrain rice.
I used Morrisons own brand Thai green paste and their Thai chilli peanuts – both great buys which are regulars in my kitchen.
If you fancy Thai red curry you could follow this exact recipe but switch out the green paste for red.
If you want to double this recipe up – please do. It scales easily and can be frozen for days when you don’t have time to cook.
How to make Thai Green Curry in the Slow Cooker
Scroll down for printable ingredient list and recipe card
1. Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs, and finely dice the garlic and ginger
2. Transfer to the slow cooker
3. Then add the Thai green paste
4. Stir to coat the chicken in the paste, ginger and garlic
5. Next, pour in the coconut milk. Make sure to shake the tin before opening it so it is smooth
6. Stir thoroughly to ensure the paste and coconut milk has mixed
7. Place the lid on and cook for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low
8. Once cooked, take 2 tbsp of liquid from the slow cooker and mix it with 2 tbsp of cornflour – stir until it forms a smooth paste
9. Pour the cornflour mixture back into the slow cooker and stir – this will thicken the sauce
10. Serve! I tend to serve this Thai green curry with peanuts, spring onions and coriander – with some wholegrain rice.
- 8 Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2 Tbsp Thai Paste
- 1x 400ml Tin Coconut Milk
- 3 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 1 Inch Ginger (peeled)
To Serve (Optional)
- Spring Onion
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs
- Finely dice (or crush) the ginger and garlic
- Place the ginger, garlic, chicken thighs and Thai paste into the slow cooker
- Stir to coat the chicken in the paste
- Then shake the coconut milk tin and pour into the slow cooker - stir to mix everything together
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 6
- Once cooked, take 2 tbsp cornflour and 2 tbsp of liquid from the slow cooker sauce - stir together to make a paste
- Pour this into the slow cooker and stir - this will thicken the sauce
- Serve topped with coriander, spring onions and peanuts - with some wholegrain rice
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 562Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 273mgSodium 410mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 56g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!