I adore roasted sprouts and even better if they’re cooked with bacon for extra flavour, however, in recent years it’s felt like a lot of work across multiple sides on Christmas day. However, with the air fryer (and this recipe adapts for the oven, too) it makes sense to combine both the pigs in blankets and the sprouts into one dish – so the sprouts have all that extra flavour, for way less work!
The sprouts get the delicious slightly crispy roasted edges too.
How to make sprouts with pigs in blankets easily in your ninja dual air fryer
Scroll down for the full recipe card and printable ingredient list
1. For this recipe you’ll need a pack of sprouts, some pigs in blankets and a little oil. The quantity of sprouts and pigs in blankets is up to you really – depending how many you’re serving and how many pigs in blankets you’d like with your dinner. You don’t want to massively overcrowd the pan though either.
2. Begin by washing your sprouts, cutting off the hard bottom and peeling off their outer leaves
3. Then, remove the ‘crisper tray’ from your Ninja Dual drawer
4. And simply spray/add a little oil into the bottom of the drawer to line it so the sprouts don’t stick, then add in your sprouts topped with the pigs in blankets
5. Cook on ‘roast’ mode (default, without changing the temperature) for 20 minutes – give the drawer a shake every 5 minutes to ensure the bacon fat is spread amongst the sprouts – then they’re done! (Or, they’re done when the pigs in blankets are cooked to your liking)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 8-10 Pigs in blankets
- 300g sprouts
- Honey (See notes)
- Begin by washing your sprouts, then cutting off their hard base, removing their outer leaves and cutting each in half
- Then, add the oil into the base of your air fryer drawer (crisper plate removed so it's just an empty drawer)
- And add in the sprouts with the pigs in blankets on top
- Roast for 20 minutes - or until the pigs in blankets are cooked as you like and the sprouts nicely roasted - shaking the pan every 5 mins or so to ensure the bacon fat is evenly distributed throughout
- Then serve and enjoy!
You can also add a drizzle of honey in the final 5 minutes if you'd like to add a little sweetness - it's nice!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 29mgSodium 677mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 15g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!