This sun-dried tomato pasta sauce is my go-to quick & easy pasta sauce. I serve it often when I have friends over because it really is very simple. It takes no cooking at all (just blitz everything in the blender) and requires no ‘fresh’ ingredients besides the basil. You can also make this recipe without the fresh basil if you don’t have it in but want an easy sauce.
You can serve this sauce with any shape pasta – and any pasta ‘toppings’ you fancy. I really like it with Heck chicken Italia sausages or roasted vegetables.
I recommend sun-dried tomatoes from a jar – they are cheaper than the sun-dried tomatoes you can buy at the ‘fresh’ deli counters, plus they last in the cupboards for ages. A really delicious storecupboard ingredient which brings such fresh, rich flavours to so many dishes. You can find jars of sun-dried tomatoes near the jarred olives, pickles and chutneys.
You can make this sauce a bit thicker by using a bit less milk, and using it as a dip for veggies or sliced pitta bread too!
How to make a simple, easy sun-dried tomato pasta sauce at home:
Scroll down for recipe list and ingredient list
1. Add all the ingredients into your blender (sun-dried tomatoes, basil, salt, lemon juice, milk and tomato puree)
2. Blitz until smooth
3. Cook your pasta as per the packet instructions, then, when you drain the water away save a little in the pan (1-2 tbsp) – the water is starchy and helps the sauce stick to the pasta
4. Pour through the sauce from your blender – stir, then serve!
Sun-dried Tomato Sauce
A simple, easy, no-cook sun-dried tomato sauce. Perfect sauce for pasta, as a dip or with chicken.
- 8 Sundried Tomatoes
- 150ml Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 Tsp Tomato Puree
- Place all the ingredients into your blender and blitz until smooth
- To serve as a pasta sauce, cook and drain your pasta as per packet instructions - but when you drain the water away save a little bit in the pan (about 1 tbsp worth). Stir through the blended sundried tomato sauce and serve!
I have made this sauce with lots of types of milk - it works well with normal milk and also is lovely with oat milk or almond milk
I recommend the sundried tomatoes which come in a jar with oil. For this recipe, I pick them out using a fork and shake off any excess oil - but keep a little bit of oil on the tomatoes as it adds nice flavour too.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 61Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 631mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 4g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!