Here’s how to make deliciously sticky, mildly spicy sweet chilli halloumi in your ninja dual air fryer. The halloumi is fried with chopped onions and peppers and brushed with a soy and sweet chilli glaze.
This is a simple recipe which I make quite often for a quick lunch – it takes 10 mins to cook and only a few minutes to prep, too. It’s best served right away when the halloumi is still hot.
You can make extra glaze too if you’d like to brush it onto any wraps or whatever you’re serving with. This is also great with cool mayo in a pitta!
This is my favourite sweet chilli sauce and I highly recommend it – it’d say its medium spiced. You can get it from most Asian supermarkets, many normal ones now too – my Morrisons stocks it, or, for ease you can get it on Amazon, too.
How to make sweet chilli halloumi in the Ninja dual air fryer
Scroll down for the full recipe list and ingredient list
1. Begin by pre-heating your air fryer basket but setting it to 2 minutes on air fry mode (I don’t usually do this for recipes, however as this is a quick cook cheese recipe – it makes the end result better.
2. Begin by cutting the onions and peppers. Use a clean paper towel to dab the halloumi of any excess liquid, then cut that into about 8 slices
3. Then, transfer the onions and halloumi into the Ninja basket – don’t add the peppers, yet.
Spray with a little oil and cook on air-fry for 5 minutes.
4. Whilst that’s cooking – mix together the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce to make the glaze
5. Then, use tongs to turn the halloumi over – so it browns on both sides – cook for 5 mins more on air-fry mode.
In the other basket, add the peppers with a spray of oil and cook for 5 minutes, too.
6. Then, it’s done!
7. Serve it with salad or wraps or even in a burger bun – and brush with the prepared sauce on top of each piece of halloumi
- 1 tbsp oil
- 225g halloumi
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce or chilli jam
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Begin by heating your empty air fryer basket for 2 minutes on the 'air fry' mode
- Whilst your air fryer is pre-heating, pat the halloumi dry using a clean kitchen paper towel to remove excess moisture
- Then, cut your onions and peppers into chunky bite-sized pieces
- Add the halloumi and onions into the now pre-heated ninja dual air fryer, and brush lightly with some oil
- Cook on the air fry mode for 5 minutes, then turn the halloumi over to brown on the other side and cook for a final 5 minutes, until it's browned and a little crispy (cook for a little longer, if needed)
- In the other drawer, add in the chopped peppers and a little oil - cook these on air-fry mode for 5 minutes, too.
- Whilst the halloumi is cooking, in a small bowl combine the 'sauce' ingredients mixing until everything is combined
- Once the halloumi is cooked - remove from the air fryer, stack the halloumi and veg on top of your salad, or wrap - and brush with the sweet chilli sauce you have prepared
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This is for 2 servings but can easily be doubled or halved depending on how much you'd like. I don't usually pre-heat the air fryer for other recipes, but as this is a quick cook cheese - it makes the end result much better if you do so.
Amount Per Serving Calories 701Total Fat 49gSaturated Fat 21gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 139mgSodium 1849mgCarbohydrates 46gFiber 3gSugar 25gProtein 44g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!