Making chicken burgers in the Actifry is so simple and delicious. If you’re looking for a breaded chicken burger recipe look no further.
I have chosen to spice these burgers with garlic, paprika and oregano, but you can chose whichever seasonings your family enjoy (chilli would work so well!).
These Actifry chicken burgers take just 15 minutes and are fun to prepare – so easy kids could make them too, if you want a night off from kitchen duties!
They’re made in much the same way as my Actifry Chicken nugget recipe – which works great in a wrap or with chips.
How to make Actifry Chicken Burgers
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Add chicken breast to a large sandwich bag and flatten the thick part with a rolling pin – so the whole piece is an equal width
2. Add the flour, paprika, oregano and garlic granules to the bag and shake to coat the chicken breast(s)
3. Crack an egg into a bowl and whisk using a fork
4. Place the floured chicken into the egg
5. Use a fork to toss it so it’s completely coated in egg
6. Empty the sandwich bag of any flour (just bin it)
7. Then place the chicken back into the bag, with the breadcrumbs
8. Shake to coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs
9. Then place the breaded chicken into the Actifry (without the paddle)
10. If using an Actifry genious, cook for 15 minutes on setting 2 – if using any other Actifry model, cook for 15 minutes – then check the chicken is white throughout before serving
11. Once cooked the chicken will have a crisp outer coating and white, juicy meat
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 Egg
- 5 Tbsp Golden Breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken breasts into a large sandwich bag and use a rolling pin to flatten the thick parts so the whole breast is an equal thickness
- To the sandwich bag, add the flour, paprika, oregano and garlic granules
- Mix the bag so the chicken is evenly coated
- Break the egg into a bowl and mix with a fork
- Add the floured chicken into the egg bowl, and use a fork to toss it so it is completly coated in egg
- Empty any flour left in the bag into the bin - then place the eggy chicken back into the sandwich bag (don't just tip the whole contents of the bowl into the bag - use a fork to pick the chicken up and shake any excess egg off)
- Add the breadcrumbs into the sandwich bag with the eggy chicken, and shake to coat the chicken. If you need to add any more breadcrumbs - please do
- Place the breaded chicken into the Actifry (without the paddle) and cook for 15 minutes - if using the Actifry Genius, cook on setting 2.
- After 15 minutes check the chicken is white and cooked throughout - if not, cook slightly longer (it will depend how thick your thicken is).
- Serve on a bun with your favourite burger toppings.
If you don't have sandwich bags use bowls to coat the chicken in the flour and breadcrumbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 333Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gSodium 249mgCarbohydrates 19gProtein 44g