These southern style chicken bites are the perfect snack to serve guests or hungry family members.
They’re quick to prep and so much better than store bought. And of course, with the Actifry they’re guilt free as barely any oil is used making them a lean snack to enjoy!
I enjoy these chicken bites as a snack served with salad and chips – or even prepped ahead for an easy lunch wrap for work. When I make these into a wrap I fill the wrap with crisp lettuce and garlic mayo.
For recipes like this I love my genius XL Actifry model – because it has a ‘breaded snacks’ mode, which means the paddle starts turning 9 minutes into the cooking time. This helps because, if you cook these with the paddle in from the start (before it has a chance to cook onto the chicken) it’ll come off. For this reason, if you don’t have a genius model, cook these chicken bites without the paddle and just shake the pan every 5 minutes to ensure even cooking.
How to make Southern Chicken Bites in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and place into a bowl
2. Add the dried seasoning to the bowl
3. Stir to coast the chicken evenly
4. Then add the egg into the bowl and stir to coat
5. To another bowl add the breadcrumbs
6. And transfer the eggy chicken into the breadcrumbs (don’t just pour it in – we don’t want all the egg in the breadcrumbs). I tend to use a fork to transfer each piece. Then mix to coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs. If you need more breadcrumbs just add them in.
7. Then, add a splash of oil to the Actifry and place the chicken pieces in. Try not to layer them too much. If you have a genius XL use the breaded snacks setting (as the paddle doesn’t turn straight away). If you have any other model, cook this without the paddle and just stir/shake the pan manually every 5 minutes.
8. Cook for 10-15 minutes (until cooked throughout)
Actifry Southern Chicken Bites
Easy, crispy southern chicken bites made simple in the Actifry.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I like to use golden or panko)
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces
- Then add the garlic salt, paprika, oregano and pepper - mix to coat
- To that bowl, add an egg and mix
- Place the breadcrumbs into a different bowl
- Then transfer the chicken pieces into the breadcrumbs - one by one, taking care not to take too much egg over
- Stir to coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs (add more breadcrumbs if needed)
- Then place the oil and chicken pieces in the Actifry
- If you have a genius model, cook in the breaded chicken setting - if you have any other model, cook this without the paddle, but shake the pan every 5 minutes to ensure even browning
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the coating crisp
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 240Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 98mgSodium 1053mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 24g