If you're looking for a simple, no-cook toast meal - you're in the right place! This is a delicious, healthy meal which prepares minimum prep and no cooking at all (besides popping your bread into the toaster!). Enjoy this guilt free meal anytime of the day, and it's even perfect to prep the evening ahead and take into work as a prepared lunch - simply toss the tomatoes, onions and basil into a sandwich bag with a little olive oil and construct the toast at work!
Caprese Salad is long my favorite salad - so this is the perfect way to enjoy it, with the added bonus of toast beneath!
Make your toast more exciting with this simple, no-cook recipe.
- 1 Slice of bread (Whatever you have to hand - I choose a rye or seeded loaf)
- 1 Handful of chopped tomatoes (Vine ripened cherry are my favorite)
- 1/2 Chopped Red Onion
- 1 tbsp Cream cheese or cheese spread
- 3 Chopped Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Crushed Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- 1 tsp Balsamic Dressing (Optional)
Toast your bread to your preferred colour, then spread generously with the cheese spread.
Top with remaining ingredients, serve and enjoy!