Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Diced)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 5 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Ginger / Garlic paste
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Chilli
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 300ml Base Gravy
To Serve (Optional)
- Fresh Coriander
- Slice the onion and dice the pepper into even sized chunks
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan and add the onion, cook on low until softened and golden.
- Then add the pepper, chicken, chilli and garlic/ginger paste - cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the dried spices, stir and cook gently for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree and chopped tomato - cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the base gravy and stir everything together, then turn up the heat. Cook on high until your chicken is cooked through, and the gravy thick and combined.
- Remove from the heat and serve topped with fresh coriander.
How To Make Chicken Bhuna At Home
- Make sure you have some pre-prepared curry base sauce ready for this recipe
- Chop and marinate your chicken in Patak’s Tandoori Spice Marinate
- Heat oil in large, non-stick pan and fry the chicken until cooked through (or grill the chicken if you’d prefer)
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from heat and set aside on a piece of kitchen roll to dab off any access oil
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan and add the sliced onions
- Cook until browned and soft – about 5 minutes
- Then, add the green pepper and chilli to the pan, stir and cook for a further minute – if you need to add more oil to the pan, do so
- Then, add the ginger garlic paste, stir and cook
- Add the dried spices and cook for a further minute
- Add the remainder of the ingredients
- Stir and cook on high heat
- Add the base sauce
- Continue to cook on high heat
- Reduce the heat and add the earlier prepared and cooked chicken – heat until the chicken is warmed through
- Remove from the heat once the chicken is heated through – serve and enjoy