This delicious rice and peas recipe is super easy to make - combine all the ingredients in a pan and cook.
- 200g Brown Basmati Rice (rinsed and washed)
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 400ml Tin Black Beans (drained, but not rinsed)
- 1 Red Chilli (preferably scotch bonnet, but use what you have)
- 3 Chopped Spring Onions
- 150ml Water
Start by chopping your spring onion and chilli - and rinsing your rise following the instructions on the packet.
Add ALL ingredients to a large pan
Bring the pan to boil, then reduce the heat to lowest possible - cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Check the rice after 15 minutes and give a quick stir - return the lid and continue to cook for the remaining 15 minutes.
Check back after 30 minutes - the rice should be fluffy and cooked.
Remove from the heat, serve and enjoy!
How To Make Easy Rice And Peas On The Stovetop/Hob
- Rinse the rice as per packet instructions
- Add all ingredients to a large pan
- Turn the heat up and bring to boil
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and put a lid on the pan
- Cook the rice on LOW for 30 minutes - stirring halfway through
- After 30 minutes, the rice should be cooked and fluffy with no remaining liquid. Remove from the heat, serve and enjoy!