This is one of my all time favourite slow cooker recipes. It is super fragrant and jam packed with fresh herbs and spices.
The curry sauce is made by blended onions, thyme, garlic and coriander – for a super fresh, fragrant taste.
I always serve this curry with my favourite rice and peas recipe.
How To Make Caribbean Chicken Curry in the Slow Cooker
Scroll down for ingredient list and recipe card. I have updated the recipe to include a tsp of Ketchup which makes the dish redder than in these step by steps.
1. Add the thyme, tomato, spring onion, ketchup, garlic and onion to a food processor
2. Pulse until smooth (or finely chop by hand if you don’t have a food processor)
3. Add the mixture to your slow cooker, alongside boneless chicken thighs
4. Add the curry powder and chicken stock cube to the slow cooker
5. Add water and stir. Then, add a scotch bonnet (un-chopped) if you want, and place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3
6. Once cooked, remove the chilli (if added)
7. Take a fork and shred the chicken into chunks and strips
- 1 Onion
- 2 Spring Onions
- Handful Thyme
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Handful Coriander
- 2 Tomatoes
- 6 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Caribbean Curry Powder (if you don't have any - use Chinese or Indian)
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp Salt
- To a food processor, add the onion, garlic, spring onions, thyme, coriander and tomatoes
- Blitz until smooth. If you don't have a food processor, you could instead hand chop these ingredients until fine
- To the slow cooker, add chicken thighs and the blended mixture
- Then add the curry powder, stock cube, water and salt
- Stir to combine then put the lid on the slow cooker
- Cook on high for low for 5 hours or high for 3
- Once cooked, use two forks to pull the chicken apart
- Serve with rice, topped with coriander
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 388Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 207mgSodium 978mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 11gSugar 4gProtein 46g