Roasted cauliflower curry is one of my favourite curries to make. It’s super simple, made with readily available ingredients (frozen cauliflower, tinned tomatoes and coconut milk) and totally delicious.
In this recipe, I use frozen cauliflower florets because they’re always in our freezer and they’re SO much easier than cutting and cleaning a fresh cauliflower. I roast the cauliflower to give it a bit of texture and flavour – else cauliflower can be quite bland honestly – not here though!
This recipe is naturally vegan, so easy to serve for all your family and friends too. It stores well in the fridge for 4 days so makes the perfect packed lunches, and is also freezable for up to a month.
I serve this recipe most often with fluffy white rice and chapatis, but if it’s a weekend treat we’ll enjoy naans with it too. The addition of coconut milk makes the sauce rich and creamy – my favourite type of curry sauce!
How to make Roasted Cauliflower Curry at home
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Pre-heat the oven to 210C
2. To a bowl, add the oil, curry powder and cumin (the colour will vary depending on your type of curry powder)
3. Mix together to coat the cauliflower
4. Transfer onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes (turning halfway through)
5. Add oil into a large, non-stick deep-sided pan or saucepan
6. Add chopped onions to the pan
7. Cook the onions on medium heat for 5 minutes, until beginning to brown, then add in the chilli and cook a further 1 minute
8. Then add in the garlic paste, stir and cook a further 1 minute
9. Then add in the dried spices, stir and cook again, for 1 minute, or until the ‘raw’ smell has gone
10. Pour in the tinned tomatoes and sugar
11. Stir, and cook on a low simmer for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have reduced in volume and thickened
12. Then add in the coconut milk – stir and simmer for 5 minutes – this is the final curry sauce! Taste and add any salt you need
13. Pour in the cooked cauliflower pieces, stir, then serve!
For the cauliflower:
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 400g Frozen Cauliflower Florets
- 1/2 Tsp cumin
- 1/2 Tsp curry powder
For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 chilli (or more/less as per your taste) - optional
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 250ml coconut milk
- 400ml tinned tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Handful of fresh coriander (optional)
To Serve (Optional)
- Rice & naans
- Pre-heat your oven to 210C
- Dice an onion
- Deseed and chop the chilli
- Mix together the cauliflower florets (frozen) with the curry powder and cumin
- 4. Transfer onto a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes (turning halfway through) until slightly browned
- Add oil into a large, non-stick deep-sided pan or saucepan
- Add diced onion into the oil and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, until lightly brown
- Then add in the chilli and cook a further 1 minute
- Add in the garlic paste (be careful it doesn't splutter) stir and cook a further 1 minute
- Then add in the dried spices, stir and cook again, for 1 minute, or until the ‘raw’ smell has gone
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes and sugar, stir and bring to simmer
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have reduced in volume and thickened
- Then add in the coconut milk – stir and simmer for 5 minutes – this is the final curry sauce! Taste and add any salt you need
- Add the roasted cauliflower into the curry sauce, stir, then serve!
You can roast more cauliflower, or add peppers and other veggies into the oven if you'd like too! Feel free to add more, or less, chilli as per your preference.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Carbohydrates 40gFiber 7gSugar 7gProtein 13g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!