Chinese chicken curry is one of my most popular recipes. And whilst it is really quick and easy to make in the pan – it’s even easier to make in the slow cooker too. This slow cooker curry takes barely any prep – there’s no need to pre-fry anything, just throw it all in the slow cooker and cook!
This is a warming, delicious dinner you can enjoy any day of the week and easily prepare before work. It freezes really well if you want to make a large batch, plus its a very versatile dish! I tend to serve it with rice and spring onions, but this would make an amazing fake-away served with chips on a Saturday night!
The chicken thigh falls apart and is shred to create a thick, rich dinner which you can prepare in a couple of minutes before work, and serve almost instantly once you come home! The curry powder I use is this Mayflower one – I do highly recommend it, but you can use any curry powder which thickens the sauce (not just curry spices). The Mayflower curry is also slimming world friendly which is a bonus for many!
I love to serve this Chinese curry with fresh sliced spring onions for an added crunch. The recipe works really well served with rice, or noodles – and i’d imagine it’s perfect to pair with a salad too if you’d prefer.
How To Make A Chinese Chicken Curry in the Slow Cooker
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Trim excess fat from chicken thighs then place in the slow cooker
2. Add the ginger, garlic, sweet chilli sauce and curry powder
3. Then add the water and stir to combine everything
6. Close the lid and cook on high for 3 hours, or low for 4
7. Once cooked, serve with rice and spring onions
- 8 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 4 Tbsp Chinese Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Mug Water (or enough water to cover the top of the chicken)
- Rice & Chopped Spring Onions
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs then place in the slow cooker
- Peel, crush and finely chop the garlic and ginger
- Place the garlic, ginger, sweet chilli sauce and curry powder in the slow cooker and stir to coat the chicken
- Then pour in the water and mix to combine
- Close the lid and cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 3
- Serve with rice and chopped spring onions for an easy mid-week dinner
The Chinese curry powder I use is the Mayfair one from B&M.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 363 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 4g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 205mg Sodium 310mg Carbohydrates 18g Fiber 4g Sugar 1g Protein 43g