Chinese chicken curry is one of my most popular recipes. And whilst it is really quick and easy to make in the pan – it’s even easier to make in the slow cooker too.
This slow cooker Chinese curry recipe does result in a different meal than a normal Chinese chicken curry. The chicken thigh falls apart and is shred to create a thick, rich dinner which you can prepare in a couple of minutes before work, and serve almost instantly once you come home!
I love to serve this Chinese curry with fresh sliced spring onions for an added crunch. The recipe works really well served with rice, or noodles – and i’d imagine it’s perfect to pair with a salad too if you’d prefer.
How To Make A Chinese Chicken Curry in the Slow Cooker
1. Add the garlic, onion and ginger to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped (or finely chop by hand)
2. Add the finely chopped onion, ginger and garlic to the slow cooker
3. Then add the chicken thighs
4. Add the Chinese curry powder and chilli flakes (if using)
5. Add water, then stir to combine
6. Close the lid and cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6
7. Once cooked, take two forks and shred the chicken. Serve with rice and spring onions
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 6 Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 4 Tbsp Chinese Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- 1 Cup Water
- Rice & Chopped Spring Onions
- Finely chop the onion, garlic and ginger (or pulse in a food processor until finely chopped)
- To the slow cooker, add the chopped onion, ginger and garlic
- Then add the chicken thighs, curry powder, chilli flakes and water
- Close the lid and cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4
- Once cooked, take two forks and pull the chicken apart
- Serve with rice and chopped spring onions for an easy mid-week dinner
The Chinese curry powder I use is the Mayfair one from B&M.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 363 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 205mg Sodium: 310mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 43g