These slow cooker satay chicken lettuce cups are SO GOOD. They’re super easy to make and need no morning prep besides putting everything in the slow cooker and turning it on.
I’ve chosen to serve in baby gem lettuce cups – for a healthier, low carb dinner, snack or lunch – but you could serve this chicken in a traditional wrap or even with rice!
This satay chicken is made with skinless, boneless thighs – pulled apart with forks once it’s cooked, and served with heaps of crunchy salad.
The peanuts I sprinkled on top are Coconut Peanuts by Tropical Sun. They’re roasted with coconut milk and taste AMAZING on with savoury dishes like this.
This is a real crowd pleaser slow cooker dinner which would be great to serve at a party too!
How to make Slow Cooker Satay Chicken Lettuce Cups
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1.Dice the onion
2. Add the chicken to the slow cooker pan
3. Then add the onions
4. Add all the sauce ingredients
5. And enough water to cover the chicken
6. Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4
7. Once cooked, it should look like this:
8. Use a fork to pull the chicken apart
9. Chop your chosen salad vegetables
10. Lay the lettuce leaves on a plate
11. Then fill the leaves with the pulled satay chicken
12. Then top with the salad and crushed peanuts
- 8 Skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 onion
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tbsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp garlic paste (or one crushed clove)
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (optional - depending on your spice preference)
To Serve (Or, chose whichever salad you have in)
- 2x Baby gem lettuce
- 3x Spring onion
- 1 handful of Fresh coriander
- 2 Carrots
Cooking the pulled satay chicken
- Roughly dice the onion and trim any unwanted pieces from the thighs
- Add the onion and thighs into the slow cooker pan
- Pour over all the sauce ingredients and mix to thoroughly coat the chicken
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Once cooked - take two forks and pull the chicken apart (shredding it)
Assembling the wraps
- Wash baby gem lettuce and pull the leaves apart
- Stack two leaves on top of each other, then spoon in the satay chicken filling
- Top with grated carrot, spring onion, coriander and crushed peanuts
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 194 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 91mg Sodium: 550mg Carbohydrates: 9g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Protein: 21g