Toad in the Hole is one of my favourite comfort meals. Recently, I’ve been experimenting with my Ninja Dual Air Fryer a bit more to see what oven classic dishes I can make in there. It’s a simple 5-step recipe which I hope you’ll enjoy, too!
This is my take on a classic toad in the hole – sausages in a light Yorkshire pudding batter, great served with mash and peas – or you could make fresh chips or roast potatoes in the other drawer too. This does turn out a bit different to my oven toad in the hole recipe – I think this is due to the air flow, the batter doesn’t rise as much so is a bit denser, but still crisps up well and is a great easy, mid-week dinner.
Here’s how to make a classic toad in the hole in the Ninja Dual Air Fryer
Scroll down for a printable recipe card
1. Begin by making your Yorkshire pudding mixture – mix together 2 eggs, 70g plain flour, 100ml of milk and mix until well combined and smooth then set this aside (you can make this in advance of a few hours even).
2. Then, place your sausages into one of the drawers of your ninja dual – remove the crisper plate and add in oil (so it’s going directly into the empty drawer)
3. Cook the sausages for 12 minutes on air fry mode – to add a little colour to the sausages and heat up the oil and basket – then align the sausages equally in the pan (using tongs or a fork)
4. Then, pour in the batter mixture you’ve prepared – straight into the draw and equally around the sausages
5. Then use the ‘bake’ mode for 15 minutes until the batter is fully cooked – remove with a spatula and enjoy
- 2 eggs
- 70g plain flour
- 100ml of milk
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4-6 sausages
- Prepare Yorkshire Pudding Mixture: In a bowl, combine the 2 eggs, 70g plain flour, and 100ml milk until the mixture is well blended and smooth. Set aside; you can prepare this in advance, even a few hours ahead (and keep in the fridge until needed).
- Prep Sausages and Oil: Place your sausages in one of the drawers of your Ninja Dual Air Fryer. Remove the crisper plate and add oil directly into the empty drawer.
- Air Fry Sausages: Cook the sausages for 12 minutes in air fry mode. This not only adds colour to the sausages but also heats up the oil and basket. Arrange the sausages evenly in the pan after cooking using tongs or a fork.
- Add Batter Mixture: Pour the prepared batter mixture directly into the drawer, distributing it equally around the sausages.
- Bake: Switch to 'bake' mode and cook for an additional 15 minutes until the batter is fully cooked. Carefully remove the Toad in the Hole with a spatula when ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 645Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 273mgSodium 1221mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 28g
Nutritional data provided here is only an estimate. If you're tracking these things for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. Thanks!