We all know the Actifry makes AMAZING homemade chips and fries. With just a table spoon of oil you can cook a batch of tasty chips for the family.
But you know what would make these chips EVEN better?
Coating them in masala seasoning of course! This recipe is one of my favourite side dishes, I often serve them when friends come round and get heaps of compliments and people asking for the recipe!
They’re super simple to make, and really aren’t much more effort than making your usual chips in the Actifry, if you’re pressed on time (or can’t be bothered to prepare the potatoes) you could also add this masala seasoning to oven chips!
These masala chips are the perfect side dish to so many dishes, i often serve these alongside my Turkey Burgers, or with some roasted chicken to pack a punch!
How to make Masala Chips in the Actifry
There is a printable recipe card below the photo instructions.
- Peel and chop your potatoes into equal sized chips
- Then rinse in water
- And dry them off with a clean tea towel (make sure they’re properly dry)
- Then, chop the chilli and onion into equal sized peices
- And add the chips, onion, chilli and oil to the Actifry – then turn it on and cook for 25 minutes (or as long as your chips normally take, minus 3 minutes)
- Whilst the chips are cooking, take a dish, and add 1 tsp butter
- And 1 tsp of paprika
- And 1 tsp of garlic & ginger paste (or mix lazy garlic with lazy ginger, or, you could even use 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp of ginger powder if that’s all you have in the house)
This is the garlic/ginger paste I use:
- Then add 1/2 tsp turmeric, and 1/2 tsp cumin
- Add 4 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Then mix until everything is combined
- Once your chips are cooked and as crispy as you like them, add the masala sauce to the Actifry and cook for a further 3 minutes, until all chips are coated and it smells good!
- Then serve! I like to top mine with fresh coriander
For the chips:
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 chilli
- 1 onion
For the Masala Seasoning:
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp garlic/ginger paste
- Chop and peel your potatoes into equal sized chips
- Rinse them with cold water, then dry on a clean tea towel, set aside
- Chop the onion into equal pieces
- Deseed the chilli and chop into equal pieces
- Add the dried chips to the Actifry, with the chopped onion and chilli
- Add 1 tbsp oil, then cook (with the paddle in) for 25 minutes (or as long as you usually would for your chips to be cooked and crispy, minus 3 minutes)
- Whilst your chips are cooking, mix all the 'masala seasoning' ingredients into a small bowl or cup
- Once the Actifry has beeped and your chips are more or less cooked, add the masala sauce you created to the Actifry pan
- Cook for 3 minutes, until the chips are coated and smell great!
- Then serve alongside your favourite meal!
Nutritional values calculated using VeryWell
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354 Total Fat: 9.5g Saturated Fat: 2.2g Cholesterol: 5mg Carbohydrates: 63.2g Sugar: 11.6g Protein: 6.9g