Turkey isn't just for Christmas! This turkey burger recipe is perfect for all year round - especially on hot summer days! Using lean turkey mince these burgers are super healthy, budget friendly and quick to cook. Flavoured with coriander, red onion and garlic - they're sure to be loved by the whole family.
The turkey mince I buy is the 2% fat one from M&S (£3 a pack) - you can also buy less than 7% fat turkey mince in Asda for £2.25.
If you're looking for a lean BBQ alternative - simply brush with oil and cook on a low/medium heat barbeque for 15 minutes, turning half way through. The below method is how to cook in a pan:
Delicious, quick and healthy recipe for fresh turkey burgers, using minced turkey, garlic, red onion and coriander.
- 400g Lean Turkey Mince
- 2 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
- 40g Golden Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Red Onion (Chopped)
- Handful Chopped Coriander
- 1 Medium egg
- 1 tsp Crushed Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 Burger Buns
- Chopped Lettuce
- You're favourite burger sauce
In a bowl, mix all the burger ingredients using your hands, to form a large ball which has all the ingredients evenly distributed (see image below). If your mixture is too wet, add some more breadcrumbs
Split the mixture into 4 smaller round balls, and use your hand to flatten into burger shapes
Heat oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat
Add the burgers to the oil, and cook for 5 minutes on one side, until browned
Turn using a spatula and cook for a further 5 minutes on the other side - until browned and cooked through
Once cooked, remove from the heat and serve in a bun with lots of lettuce and your favorite burger sauce.
How To Make Healthy Turkey Burgers At Home
- Begin by chopping half a red onion, a handful of coriander, and crushing/mincing 2 garlic cloves
- In a large bowl, mix together all the burger ingredients
- Use your hand to combine the ingredients, and form a ball - you want all the ingredients to be evenly distributed and the mince to have lost its 'shape'. I used a medium sized egg - if your mixture is too wet, add some more breadcrumbs
- Roll the mixture into 4 even sized balls
- Press the balls with the palm of your hand on a chopping board to form round, burger shapes
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Add the burgers and cook on one side until browned underneath, then turn with a flat spatula to cook the other side
- Cook until the burgers are cooked throughout and browned on both sides
- Remove from heat and serve in a bun with crisp lettuce and your favourite sauce