Salt and pepper chips are one of the most popular side dishes from a Chinese takeaway. Luckily, with the help of an Actifry Air Fryer you’ll be able to make them (healthier and tastier) at home!
How to make Salt & Pepper Chips in the Actifry
Scroll down for ingredients and recipe card
1. Peel and chop the potatoes into equal sized chips
2. Rinse in clean water
3. Dry thoroughly
4. Add the oil chips, peppers, chillis and onion to the Actifry and cook for 20 minutes
5. Whilst the chips are cooking, mix together the seasoning ingredients
6. After 20 minutes, sprinke in the seasoning then cook for a final 5-10 minutes, until the chips are cooked to your liking
Actifry Salt & Pepper Chips
Chinese takeaway style salt & pepper chips made in the Actifry with just 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 3 Potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 Pepper
- 1 Deseeded Chilli (Optional)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp chinese five spice
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, (optional, depends how spicy you like it)
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into chips
- Rinse the chips and dry thoroughly
- Chop the onion, peppers, spring onion and chilli into small pieces
- Add the oil, onion, chips, peppers and chilli to the Actifry
- Cook for 20 minutes
- Whilst the chips are cooking, measure out the seasoning mixture and mix to combine
- After 20 minutes, add the seasoning to the chips - sprinkling all around the pan and cook for a further 5-10 minutes (until the chips are cooked to your liking)
- Serve with fresh spring onion
You may also enjoy my recipe for salt & pepper chicken wings.
Hi, This is a fabulous recipe me and my Daughter enjoy the odd Chinese but during lockdown it’s been hard to find one to deliver to my location. I purchased an Actifry this week and have been dabbling with some recipes and this one really turned out well. Extremely tasty easy to follow and went down a treat. Even had the obligatory leftover Chinese for breakfast the day after. I would rate this one 10 out of 10.
I’m SO glad you and your daughter enjoyed this recipe Lath 🙂 and congrats on the new Actifry – if you’re on Facebook I have an Actifry group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2144404329104634