Sausages with onion gravy is one of my favourite meals – a good gravy really takes a nice meal to the next level.
This rich, onion gravy is flavoured by the sausage juices, caramelised onions, thyme and Worcestershire sauce – so much flavour! If you’d like to make this a one-pan dinner all together, then you could add some chopped potatoes in with the sausages for roast potatoes cooked at the same time. I like to whip up some mashed potato to go with this sausage and onion gravy.
I was so pleasantly surprised to find that I can cook the onion gravy in the Actifry with the sausages for a one-pan dinner which actually tastes better than when it’s cooked in a pan – Actifry sausages are amazing!
I mean – just look at those caramelised onions!
How to make sausages with onion gravy in the Actifry
Scroll down for recipe card and ingredient list
1. Add sausages to the Actifry (paddle in) with the oil
2. Cook for 5 minutes
3. Whilst the sausages are cooking slice the onion into equal sized pieces (not too small else they’ll burn) about this thickness is perfect:
4. Then mix together the granuels, thyme and stock
5. And add boiling water – stir
6. Once the sausages have cooked for 5 minutes, add the onions
7. Close the lid and cook for 20 minutes
8.After 20 minutes my sausages are cooked how I like them – if you like yours more well done, cook for longer
9. The onions should be nicely caramlised at this point – if not, again, cook a little longer
10. Once the sausages and onions are cooked to your liking, pour in the gravy mixture
11. Cook for 3 minutes – or until the gravy has thickened to your preference
Actifry Sausages & Onion Gravy
Actifry sausages with onion gravy is a game changer! I won't be making onion gravy separately on the pan ever again! Flavoured with thyme and worcestershire sauce for a rich, sticky gravy.
- 6 Caramlised Onion Sausages (you can use as many sausages as you'd like - the caramlised onion ones are my favourite for this recipe and available in most supermarkets)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Spoon Oil
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 1 Cup Boiled Water
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Thyme (Fresh or dried)
- 2 Tbsp Gravy Granuels
- Place the sausages and oil into the Actifry and cook for 5 minutes (paddle in)
- Whilst the sausages are cooking - slice the onion into equal sized pieces
- After 5 minutes add the onions to the sausages in the Actifry and cook for a further 15 minutes
- Whilst the sausages and onions are cooking, mix together the beef stock cube, boiled water, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and gravy granules
- Once the 15 minute timer is done - check the sausages are cooked to your liking (if you like them browner, cook them a little longer)
- Then, once the sausages are browned to your liking, pour in the beef stock mixture
- Cook for 4 minutes - until the gravy has thickened - if the gravy isn't thick after 4 minutes, cook for longer, checking every 2 minutes
- Serve with your favourite sides
If you like REALLY well done sausages, cook your sausages for 10 minutes before adding in the onions.
If you'd like to make this a one-pot-dish, add some chopped potatoes at step 1 for roast potatoes and sausages.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 243Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 50mgSodium 659mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 12g
Just had this, it was really tasty, everyone loved it. thanks for the recipe.
So glad you enjoyed it Audrey! This is definitely one of my favourite cold-weather recipes!
I used your recipe for my Halloween meal. My plate looked almost the same as yours and tasted very good. I did do the roast potatoes and made a complete meat. It will happen again.
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe Angus! 😀 Happy Halloween!
From Canada, I am wondering what size of beef stock cube
Hi Judy, stock cubes are 71g here in the uk, hope this helps x
This is the first fine I’ve tried one of your recipes and I have to say it was delicious, I followed your very clear Instructions(love that you have pictures to) and I was so impressed with the end result.
Thank you so much for sharing your ideas x
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe Wendy! 🙂
Ive also joined your Facebook group but I haven’t been approved yet x
Won’t the sausages break up with the paddle in ?
Mine never have Ian, unlike chips!