This simple air fryer roast potatoes recipe requires no parboiling and is very quick and simple. The air fryer really excels with simple sides like this – so quick and easy – no preheating of your oven needed and they turn out really crisp on the outside and soft and fluffy inside.
If you’re new to air-frying here’s a super quick and simple way to make air fryer roast potatoes (no pre-boiling needed).
How to make roast potatoes in the Air Fryer
Scroll down for the ingredient list and printable recipe card.
1. Begin by peeling and chopping your potatoes into roast-potato sizes, the larger they are the longer they’ll take to cook, if you want them to be really quick, cut them smaller. (I tend to do one potato per person).
2. Then, rinse the potatoes in cold water
3. Dry them off
4. Then add them into the air fryer basket and spray or toss with about 1 tbsp of oil – season with salt & pepper as desired
5. Put on to cook on the air-fryer mode of your air-fryer for around 20 minutes (temp 180 if you need to input a temp, otherwise keep it as the default setting).
6. After 20 mins, decide if they’re cooked or if you need to cook for a further 5-10 mins, you’ll get used to how long things usually take in the air fryer
7. Once cooked, serve and enjoy!
- 2-3 potatoes (allow 1 potato per person, depending on size, I tend to use Maris Pipers, too).
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper - to taste
- Peel & cut the potatoes into roast potato sizes, the larger they are the longer they'll take to cook, so if you're in a rush i'd cut them slightly smaller
- Rinse them in cold water
- Dry them off
- Add them into the air fryer, spray or drizze with the oil - season with salt & pepper as desired then shake the basket to evenly coat them all in the oil
- Cook for 20 minutes, on 180C if you need to select a temperature, else use the default temperature for your air fryer model
- After 20 mins check if they're done, else cook for a further 5-10 until they're cooked to your liking
- Serve & enjoy!