Egg Fried Rice! The staple Chinese takeaway side dish. Here’s a recipe of how to re-create a healthy, brown rice version at home. Flavored with garlic, spring onions, five spice and soy sauce this rice is sure to be a favorite amongst the whole family.
How To Make Egg Fried Rice At Home
- Cook brown rice as per packet instructions
- Chop spring onion, crush garlic, and beat 1 egg
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan
- Add chopped spring onion and crushed garlic, cook on high for 1-2 minutes
- 3. Add five spice and soy sauce
- Then add the pre-cooked rice
- Stir to coat the rice in the soy sauce, and evenly distribute the spring onions
- Make a gap in the rice, and add the beaten egg, allow to cook slightly (20 seconds)
- Then use a wooden spoon to stir the egg throughout the rice
- Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until browned, then serve and enjoy!
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 2 Chopped Spring Onions
- 2 Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tsp Five Spice
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Egg
- Cook 1 cup of brown rice as per packet instructions, drain and set aside
- Chop the spring onions and crush the garlic. Then beat the egg using a fork.
- Heat sesame oil in a large, non stick pan
- Add the spring onion and garlic to the hot oil, stir and cook for 1 minute
- Add the soy sauce and five spice to the pan, stir, then add the cooked rice
- Stir to coat the rice in the soy mixture, then make a gap in the middle of the pan
- Add the beaten egg, and allow to cook, untouched for 20 seconds
- Then, using a wooden spoon or spatula, stir the mixture to coat the rice in the egg mixture
- Cook for a futher 3 minutes, then serve
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 230 Total Fat: 5.8g Saturated Fat: 1.1g Cholesterol: 41mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 0.5g Protein: 6g